Balcan Innovations is a leading North American manufacturer of technical films, flexible packaging, and reflective insulation with five brands at its core: Balcan Packaging, Plastixx FFS Technologies, NELMAR Security Packaging Systems, rFoil, and Reflectix.
- Full time and permanent position
- Comprehensive insurance coverage (life, disability, medical, dental and vision)
- Employer contribution to a saving plan
- Paid on-the-job training and mentoring from experienced coworkers
- Opportunity for growth and to build a career in a technical field
- Evening premium of $ 0,75/h and night premium of $ 2/h
- Clean and air-conditioned work environment in summer
- Free on-site parking
- On-site gym
The press operator will be called upon to operate an automated, state-of-the art 8-color flexographic printing press on a daily basis. His main responsibilities are to ensure the settings and adjustments of the press in order to provide prints that meet customer requirements and high quality standards. The person will be called upon to work in a environment governed by HACCP and food safety standards in a system that imposes rigorous work procedures.
- Read the work order, note the specifics, check the availability of the necessary equipment and coordinate the work with the assistants.
- Ensure the installation of the material in the press (anilox, foutains, cylinders, ink).
- Adjust and perform configuration of printing press settings.
- Make the necessary adjustments according to the parameters and particularities of the work order.
- Ensure ink balancing (viscosity and other parameters) throughout the printing processs.
- Monitor the quality of the printed film according to established standards
- Keep your work environment clean, safe and organized at all times.
3 to 5 years of experience as an operator in the field of printing or related training.
Please take note that a pre-selection of applications is made and that only selected candidates will be contacted.
The use of the masculine to designate person is only intended to lighten the text.