Balcan Innovations is a leading North American manufacturer of technical films, flexible packaging, and reflective insulation with five brands at its core: Balcan Packaging, Plastixx FFS Technologies, NELMAR Security Packaging Systems, rFoil, and Reflectix.
Why Work at Balcan Innovations?
Full time and permanent position
Group Insurance Coverage (life, disability, medical, dental and vision)
Free on-site parking
Dynamic work environment
Within the IT team and reporting to the Enterprise Data Management Manager, the BI Analyst-Developer is responsible for improving the strategic decision-making of managers by allowing them to more effectively exploit various data sources to obtain a better understanding of their organization and their competitive environment.
Roles and responsibilities:
· Translate business needs into easily understandable reports and visualizations.
· Design and maintain Power Query transformation paths, and constantly improve those already created.
· Create and maintain fully automated Dashboards, Reports and Analytics solutions.
· Deploy reports and applications through the Power BI service, managing security and access requirements with Azure Active Directory groups.
· Produce and maintain technical documentation for colleagues, as well as procedures for end users.
· Make presentations to convey financial and technical information to a diverse audience, ranging from people in store to members of senior management.
· Provide support to all users of the Finance Power BI platform.
· Be willing to resolve issues related to the Finance Power BI platform, as they arise, in collaboration with the Power BI IT team.
· 3 to 5 years of experience in a Power BI developer or data analyst position.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business Intelligence, Data Science, or equivalent.
· Solid experience in data modeling on Power BI and DAX, M and SQL Server languages.
· Ability to create reports with large data sets as well as visualization tables for Business Intelligence needs.
· Good understanding of Windows programming techniques and structures.
· Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences, both orally and in writing.